COLUMBIA, S.C. — South Carolina football coach Will Muschamp met with reporters on Tuesday afternoon for a preview of this Saturday’s game against Florida.
Updates from the Gamecocks second-year coach are below:
- Opening: “We need to have an early crowd and a loud and proud crowd. I know our guys are exciting for these next three games at home.”
- Muschamp said Florida’s been through a lot of adversity with the injuries and head coaching change.
- “Offensively, Malik Zaire is a guy who played a lot of football at Notre Dame. Is a good athlete, has a lot of arm talent.”
- All of the offensive linemen that “pushed us around last year” are back for the Gators this year.
- Muschamp named just about every skill player on the Florida depth chart, including Dre Massey, who’s from Mauldin, S.C.
- Several of the starters on the defensive side of the ball were named. “They’ve got a talented defense, had some really tough injuries on defense.”
- When Florida crosses the 50 yard line it’s in range for kicker Eddie Piniero.
- Taylor Stallworth is questionable, though some guys didn’t practice or take any reps on Tuesday, including D.J. Smith, who Muschamp didn’t mention by name.
- Keir Thomas, Kobe Smith and Ulric Jones are guys who could work in place of Stallworth, if he’s not healthy enough to play.
The post South Carolina football: What Will Muschamp said before the Florida game appeared first on SEC Country.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.