TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — With Alabama football a week into training camp and finally in full pads, the Crimson Tide are beginning to build up to their first scrimmage of training camp, which will be held Saturday at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
SEC Country’s Marq Burnett and Christopher Walsh talk about surprises over the last week and what to expect next from the three-time reigning SEC champions, including:
- The latest on Jalen Hurts and his development under the watch of new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.
- Which player have impressed so far as Alabama worked through its annual Fan Day practice.
- Why Raekwon Davis could make a big impact on the defensive line if he can land a starting job.
- Who are players to watch over the next week or so when the movement begins and jobs are up for grabs.
- Plus Marq Burnett and Christopher Walsh react to some of Tuesday’s news, including what UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, and former Crimson Tide quarterbacks Blake Barnett and Cooper Bateman said about Alabama and Nick Saban.
Check back to SEC Country all season for everything you need to know about Alabama football, including weekly videos from Christopher and Marq breaking down the biggest Crimson Tide stories of the year.
- ‘Film junkie’ Jonah Williams ready for action on Alabama offensive line
- Da’Ron Payne ready for ‘beast’ of a breakout on Alabama defensive line
- ‘That book is closed’ — Alabama football’s Bo Scarbrough knows the key to his success is not to look back
- Alabama football: New-look DL not expected to take a step back in 2017
- Alabama football’s new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll already a good fit with Crimson Tide
The post Sound Off: Surprises from the first week of Alabama football fall camp appeared first on SEC Country.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.