It all comes down to one game for Oklahoma.
A win over TCU in the Big 12 title game means a College Football Playoff spot for the Sooners. To get there, the Sooners have to win a rematch against the Horned Frogs.
Oklahoma dominated the first meeting in Norman on Nov. 11, winning 38-20. But, obviously a lot can change in a few weeks.
All this and more will be discussed by DieHards’ Oklahoma beat writer John Shinn and Joe Buettner in this week’s Zaxby’s Sound Off.
Here are some time stamps to help in navigating the video:
- The Sooners face TCU for the Big 12 title on Saturday . For all practical purposes, it’s a College Football Playoff quarterfinal game for Oklahoma ( 0:23 ).
- Neither Oklahoma or TCU showed much in the first meeting. The Sooners won 38-20, but both teams played it close the vest in the second half ( 1:14 ).
- Can TCU shut Oklahoma down? It couldn’t in the first meeting between the Big 12’s best teams ( 2:10 ).
- First half will set the tone for the game and that’s when Oklahoma has played its best of late ( 2:59 ).
- Oklahoma’s health is as good as its been all season heading into the Big 12 title game ( 4:00 ).
- Chaos atop the College Football Playoff rankings continues ( 5:11 ).
- A Big 12 title game victory should help the Sooners with the College Football Playoff Selection Committee ( 6:37 ).
- Oklahoma finally has a kicker heading into the postseason ( 9:06 ).
- There have been no complaints from Oklahoma about the return of the Big 12 championship game ( 9:31 ).
- Oklahoma’s smooth coaching transition looks even better with the current coaching mayhem in college football ( 10:01 ).
- The Sooners seem to hit the coaching jackpot when it promotes from within the staff. Lincoln Riley is on the same trajectory as Bud Wilkinson and Barry Switzer.
- Is Lincoln Riley getting enough credit for the Sooners’ season ( 12:45 )?
- Oklahoma’s future at quarterback looks extremely bright with Kyler Murray ( 15:27 ).
- Baker Mayfield seems like the runaway Heisman Trophy winner. Oklahoma’s momentum on the field and in recruiting keeps growing ( 17:25 ).
The post Sound Off: Oklahoma playoff hopes riding on TCU game appeared first on Diehards.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.