TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama has wrapped up a successful training camp. After all, Wednesday is the first day of classes for the fall semester. For the players, that means moving back into their academic-year residences and getting into a regular-season routine. The Crimson Tide will practice the rest of the week, but there are no more scrimmages on the docket.
Marq Burnett and Christopher Walsh discuss Alabama’s final scrimmage of camp on this week’s Sound Off, presented by Zaxby’s, and give their takeaways from camp as Alabama turns its attention toward the high-profile season opener against Florida State on Sept. 2.
Feel free to skip around the video above to whatever topics interest you the most … though we know the most diehard Crimson Tide fans will watch the whole thing.
Here are some timestamps to guide you:
- 0:30: Even though part of Alabama’s final scrimmage was played in a downpour at Bryant-Denny Stadium, what stood out from last Saturday? Perhaps more importantly, what was different from the first scrimmage of fall camp and what does that mean regarding the team’s progress?
- 2:30: Considering the turnover on both sides of the ball, and the loss of key players such as defensive end Jonathan Allen, linebacker Reuben Foster and offensive tackle Cam Robinson, which has been more impressive so far, the offense or the defense? Marq and Christopher also discuss why their answers are a little surprising.
- 5:00: As fall camp wraps up with there having been little news coming out of Tuscaloosa, what stood out the most over the last month?
- 6:00: What are the biggest questions about the team as Alabama begins to turn its attention to Florida State?
- 7:00: What should everyone expect at right tackle, and predictions on who might line up there during the season opener: sophomore Matt Womack or freshman Jedrick Wills Jr.? Who has the upper hand and who has the momentum? Is it just matter of time before Wills claims the position.
Check back to SEC Country all season for everything you need to know about Alabama football, including weekly videos from Marq and Christopher breaking down the biggest Crimson Tide stories of the season.
The post Sound Off: Looking back at Alabama’s final scrimmage as fall camp wraps up appeared first on SEC Country.