If you logged off your computer to enjoy turkey and family over the weekend, you have a lot of catching up to do in the SEC football coaching world.
Lucky for you, SEC Country has been on top of all the official announcements, whispers, rumors and reports.
First, let’s start with the places that have settled their coaching situations.
On Sunday, it was announced that Florida hired former Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen to be its next head coach.
Get caught up on the Gators news here:
- Florida names Dan Mullen new Gators football coach
- LOOK: New Florida coach Dan Mullen arrives in Gainesville
- Report: Dan Mullen’s contract with Florida puts him among highest-paid coaches
- It’s time for Florida fans to embrace ‘what is’ over the ‘what-if’ and get fully behind Dan Mullen
- Is Florida QB commit Matt Corral a fit for Dan Mullen’s offense?
- Florida football: The top moments of Dan Mullen’s coaching career
- Report: Todd Grantham among three MSU assistants expected to join Dan Mullen at Florida
- Dak Prescott has different take on Dan Mullen going to Florida after ‘money talks’ remark
- Florida now has SEC’s second-best coach with hiring of Dan Mullen
- What Florida’s players are saying about the hiring of Dan Mullen
- Recruits react to Dan Mullen’s hiring at Florida
- WATCH: Steve Spurrier welcomes Dan Mullen back to Florida
- Tim Tebow thrilled with Florida signing of Dan Mullen
- Dan Mullen wasn’t the splash hire, but he was the right one for Florida
OLE MISS REBELS
On Sunday, it was announced that Ole Miss would remove the interim tag from Matt Luke’s title and make him the Rebels coach on a permanent basis.
Get caught up on the Rebels news here:
- Ole Miss removes interim tag, names Matt Luke full-time coach
- What Ole Miss coach Matt Luke said at introductory press conference
- LOOK: Contract details revealed for Ole Miss coach Matt Luke
- Internet reacts to Matt Luke being hired as Ole Miss permanent head coach
- Ole Miss earns 2 huge commitments days after winning Egg Bowl
Then there are the SEC teams that are still in search of a new coach. As of Monday afternoon, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi State and Texas A&M were still without a head coach.
On Sunday, it was reported that the Vols were closing in on a deal to make Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano the next Vols head coach. That deal fell apart after a large contingency of Tennessee fans protested the news.
Get caught up on the Volunteers news here:
- A crazy day on Rocky Top: Fan uproar kills negotiations between Tennessee, Greg Schiano
- John Currie’s failure to avoid controversy has Tennessee dealing with unavoidable fallout
- Tennessee Chancellor Beverly Davenport releases official statement after Greg Schiano incident
- Tennessee AD John Currie explains vetting process of Greg Schiano
- WATCH: Urban Meyer addresses Tennessee-Greg Schiano fiasco: ‘I stand by my coach’
- Tennessee AD John Currie issues statement regarding Greg Schiano situation
- New Jersey columnist: Greg Schiano didn’t deserve ‘hateful Tennessee mob’ that wrecked his career
- After Tennessee episode, Bill Belichick says he’d vouch for Greg Schiano ‘100 percent’
- Lane Kiffin responds to implication he’s waiting by phone for Tennessee’s call
- Coaching rumors: Some at Tennessee believe Phillip Fulmer could become AD and hire David Cutcliffe as coach
- Report: Tee Martin has ‘legit shot’ at being next Vols head coach
On Friday, Arkansas fired Bret Bielema after a loss to Missouri.
Get caught up on the Razorbacks news here:
- Memphis driving up price for Arkansas coaching candidate Mike Norvell
- Arkansas coaching search expected to move fast as signing period looms
- Arkansas Razorbacks podcast: Let the coaching search begin!
- Malzahn! Norvell! Leach! Venables! Just make it stop, Arkansas!
- Report: Arkansas has interest in Brent Venables, Mike Norvell as next coach
- Bret Bielema paid the price for not playing politics at Arkansas
- After Iron Bowl, idea of Gus Malzahn to Arkansas is all but dead
MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS
On Sunday, it was announced that former Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen would leave Starkville after nine seasons in favor of the Florida Gators.
Get caught up on the Bulldogs news here:
- Mississippi State coach candidates: As Dan Mullen exits, here are potential replacements
- Mississippi State podcast: Dan Mullen is gone, but MSU in good shape for next coach
- Report: Mississippi State has contacted Buccaneers assistant Todd Monken for job opening
- Nick Fitzgerald thanks Dan Mullen but promises better things for Mississippi State
- Jeremy Pruitt mentioned as a possible candidate for Mississippi State job
- Mississippi State president: Football program will ‘move quickly and decisively to fill our coaching vacancy’
TEXAS A&M AGGIES
On Sunday, it was announced that Kevin Sumlin was fired by Texas A&M after six years as the Aggies head coach.
Get caught up on the Aggies news here:
- Texas A&M fires Kevin Sumlin after 6 seasons with Aggies
- Texas A&M coach candidates: With Kevin Sumlin fired, here are potential replacements
- Texas A&M players, recruits react to Kevin Sumlin being fired
- Jeff Banks to serve as Texas A&M’s interim coach
- Texas A&M owes Kevin Sumlin over $10 million due to buyout
- Multiple reports claim Texas A&M is on verge of landing Jimbo Fisher
- Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher refuses to respond to rumors about Texas A&M
- Report: ‘Latest buzz’ on Jimbo Fisher-Texas A&M situation indicates massive deal in works
- Jimbo Fisher backup plan: Report names 2 unexpected high-profile names in Texas A&M search
The post Silly season: Everything you need to know about the last 48 hours in the SEC appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.