There was another major development on Friday in the Houston Nutt-Ole Miss saga as Dan Wolken of USA Today is reporting that Ole Miss officials were told not to make statements that could harm Nutt’s reputation as a football coach.
Back in January of 2016 Hugh Freeze did just that when he called up a number of journalist and told them that a number of the NCAA allegation had occurred during the Nutt era at Ole Miss when they had not.
Nutt filed a lawsuit against Freeze and the school in July. Through the discovery process, a number of phone calls Freeze had made were discovered. This led to Freeze’s resignation as it came out that Freeze had made a phone call to an escort service.
Earlier in the week a federal judge had dismissed Nutt’s case against the school but Nutt’s attonery, who provided Wolken with agreement that Ole Miss would not harm Nutt’s reputation, said he would refile the case in state court.
The post Report: Top Ole Miss officials were told not to harm Houston Nutt’s reputation as part of 2011 agreement appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.