Louisville will play the Ole Miss in the 2021 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, according to FBSchedules.com.
The two teams’ 2021 season opener will be played on either Aug. 28, Sept. 4 or Sept. 5 and the game will be broadcast on CBS or ESPN/ABC.
If neither team meets in a bowl game or the College Football Playoff over the next four seasons, the 2021 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game will be the first matchup in histroy between the two schools on the football field.
The Rebels, who were allotted 29,550 tickets, will be the home team in the 2021 matchup and wear blue jerseys while Louisville will wear red.
FBSchedules.com reported it obtained the signed game contract from the University of Mississippi by way of an open records request.
Ole Miss won their only appearance in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game against Boisie State in 2014 while Louisville lost their only appearance against No. 6 Auburn in 2015.
Below is a list of future Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games scheduled to be played inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Future Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games
- 2017 – Alabama vs. Florida State (Sat., Sept. 2)
- 2017 – Georgia Tech vs. Tennessee (Mon., Sept. 4)
- 2018 – Auburn vs. Washington (Sat., Sept. 1)
- 2019 – Alabama vs. Duke (Sat., Aug. 31)
- 2020 – Florida State vs. West Virginia (Sat., Sept. 5)
- 2020 – Georgia vs. Virginia (Mon., Sept. 7)
- 2021 – Louisville vs. Ole Miss (Aug. 28 or Sept. 4-5)
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.