On Monday night, the Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines and Penn State Nittany Lions all received some good news.
It’s rare that three Big Ten teams all receive positive news at the exact same time, but, welcome to the world of recruiting. Tyler Friday, the No. 3-ranked defensive tackle in the Class of 2018 by 247Sports, announced his top-five via Twitter.
Here’s his announcement:
— Big Smooth (@almighty_ty5) November 7, 2017
With a big-time recruit come some big name football programs’ interest. Alongside Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State in Friday’s top-five were UCLA and Miami (FL). The 6-foot-3, 263-pound run-stuffer is ranked as the No. 2 player from the state of New Jersey and the No. 63 overall player regardless of position by 247Sports.
According to 247Sports’ Crystal Ball Predictions, Friday had a 67 percent chance of joining the Wolverines and a 33 percent chance of joining Rutgers. These predictions were before his top-five was revealed.
The post No. 3-ranked defensive tackle in Class of 2018 lists 3 from Big Ten in top 5 appeared first on Land of 10.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.