COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb and Ryan Ginn put a bow on last Saturday’s debacle in Iowa City and compare the similar issues Ohio State may face defensively against Michigan State this Saturday.
Also discussed on the show Wednesday are the lack of touches for J.K. Dobbins and how Ohio State can address it, the differences in how the passing game has failed the Buckeyes in the past, and the likelihood they can cover the lofty 16-point spread against the Spartans.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Other topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Wednesday include:
- How there were some warning signs that disaster could be forthcoming prior to the Buckeyes’ 55-24 loss to Iowa this past weekend.
- The eerie resemblance of the Iowa scheme Ohio State saw on Saturday to what the Buckeyes likely will see against Michigan State this weekend.
- Whether the Buckeyes are likely to cover the lofty spread, currently over 2 touchdowns, and how much this game will tell us about Ohio State’s leadership.
- What Ohio State coach Urban Meyer and his staff can — and should — probably do to find more touches for the running backs, and specifically J.K. Dobbins.
- How the issues with the passing game on Saturday were not necessarily indicative of a return of the previous seasons’ issues with quarterback J.T. Barrett and the receivers’ inability to find success.
- Why Ohio State fans still have plenty to cheer about for the rest of the season despite the likely departure from the College Football Playoff race.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast on Thursday, we will continue to preview the game against Michigan State and begin looking at the Buckeyes’ basketball season opener against Robert Morris on Friday.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State football podcast: History could repeat itself with Michigan State if Ohio State isn’t focused appeared first on Land of 10.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.