COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb and Ryan Ginn debate various playoff scenarios, namely whether Alabama or Ohio State would make the playoff field with a Buckeyes’ win on Saturday. They also discuss whether College Football Playoff committee chair Kirby Hocutt dropped clues on the selection show Tuesday.
Also discussed Wednesday is a preview of the Ohio State-Wisconsin showdown on Saturday in the Big Ten Championship Game in Indianapolis.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Wednesday include:
- Whether Kirby Hocutt basically hinted to the entire world that two-loss Ohio State would be included in the playoff over one-loss Alabama should it beat Wisconsin on Saturday.
- Why the selection committee doesn’t want to take two teams from one conference unless it has little choice.
- If Urban Meyer would risk an ineffective J.T. Barrett on Saturday out of loyalty and admiration to make sure he plays.
- Do the Badgers have the best defense in the country this season?
- The importance of Ohio State to start fast offensively and control Wisconsin’s run game to force quarterback Alex Hornibrook to throw earlier and more often than the Badgers prefer.
- Improvement and consistency of the Badgers since mid-October.
- The impressive number of 3-star recruits that Wisconsin coach Paul Chryst has performing at a high level for the Badgers.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast on Thursday, we will recap Ohio State’s ACC-Big Ten showdown against Clemson on Wednesday. Land of 10’s Wisconsin reporter Jesse Temple will join Kyle to continue previewing the Big Ten Championship Game with his perspective on the Badgers.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State football podcast: CFP committee chair Kirby Hocutt hints at Buckeyes’ playoff future appeared first on Land of 10.