As we head into the semifinal round of state playoff tournaments around the country, five future Tar Heels hope to punch their ticket to compete for a state championship with a win on Friday night.
Last week, only Jordyn Adams of Green Hope High School was eliminated, leaving several commits vying to continue their high school careers by one more game over the weekend.
To keep track of where all the action will be taking place this weekend, Tar Heels DieHards has put together its weekly recruiting map. Here’s where you can catch all five games on Friday night:
Note: To navigate the map, click and drag. Zooming either can be done with the plus and minus tool located in the top left corner or with your preferred scrolling method. To see which player is playing where, highlight the colored marker. The expanded detail for each marker contains the name of the player and the school he’s playing for and against.
- Havelock High School (4-star T Avery Jones)
- Wake Forest High School (3-star RB Devon Lawrence and 3-star S Javon Terry)
- Greater Atlanta Christian School (3-star ATH Trey Morrison)
- Buford High School (3-star S Bryson Richardson)
- 4-star Cary, N.C. WR Jordyn Adams – Lost in the third round of the NCHSAA 4AA state playoffs on Nov. 24.
- 4-star Charlotte, N.C. ATH Dyami Brown – Lost in second round of the NCHSAA 4A state playoffs on Nov. 17.
- 3-star Norton, Kan., QB Jace Ruder — Lost in first round of the KSHSAA 3A state playoffs on Oct. 31.
- 3-star DE Chris Collins — Lost in semifinals of the VISAA I state playoffs on Nov. 11.
- 3-star Tyrone, Ga. DE Nick Fulwider — Sandy Creek finished 5-5, did not make the GHSAA 4A state playoffs.
- 3-star Irvington, N.J. DE Lancine Turay – Lost in the semifinals of the NJHSAA G4 state playoffs on Nov. 17.
- 3-star Tampa, Fla. CB DeAndre Hollins – Lost in first round of the FHSAA 5A state playoffs on Nov. 10.
Check back for the Monday edition of The Dean’s List daily recruiting notebook, where we’ll recap how all the players performed. And make sure to check us throughout the week as we update their stats as they come in.
Miss a previous edition? Find every ACC DieHards daily North Carolina Tar Heels recruiting notebook right here.
The post 5 North Carolina commits hope to punch ticket to state championship on Friday appeared first on Diehards.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.