TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The University of Alabama held its final scrimmage of fall camp, which was pestered by brutal heat and a driving storm at Bryant-Denny Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The team kept going through a nasty downpour, but did leave the field for a 22-minute delay due to lightning. “That’s just like halftime.”
Here’s some of what Nick Saban said during his press conference:
• Saban to reporters: “So what did you do during the scrimmage?”
• Really encouraged by what saw, a lot of improvement from first scrimmage. Had more guys playing with confidence, but need more of the young players to get to that point.
• Really moved ball well early. Too many offensive problems in red zone, didn’t finish drives and too many turnovers.
• Junior running back Bo Scarbrough has been ill for two days. “Pretty sick.” They don’t think it’s serious.
• Sophomore running back Josh Jacobs (hamstring) still out. Still day-to-day.
Alabama is not expected to release any scrimmage statistics. The team will not practice on Sunday.
This story will be regularly updated during Saban’s press conference.
The post Live updates: Nick Saban meets with reporters after Alabama’s final scrimmage appeared first on SEC Country.