SEC Country’s Hale McGranahan joined the ‘Locked on the Gamecocks’ podcast to chat about the latest developments in South Carolina football and recruiting.
McGranahan caught up with J.C. Shurburtt and Keith Allsep on Tuesday night.
- A recap of how things played out for South Carolina in the Week 1 win over North Carolina State. (1:33)
- South Carolina’s defense was awesome in the third quarter, the best it’s been in quite some time. (2:24)
- After entering as one of the lowest rated recruits in Will Muschamp’s first Gamecock signing class, sophomore ‘Buck’ D.J. Wonnum is an emerging player in the SEC. (4:10)
- Another member of that 2016 recruiting class, linebacker T.J. Brunson, had 16 tackles against N.C. State. Like Wonnum, he too is on a nice trajectory. (7:27)
- How good is Missouri? Their defense certainly isn’t. Because of that, South Carolina’s got a great shot to beat them on the road this Saturday night. (12:15)
- Is there a home-field advantage in Columbia, Mo.? Not really. Compared to The Swamp and Death Valley, it’s not even close. (15:20)
- Heading into the season, Hale thought South Carolina would finish 7-5. He also had the Gamecocks losing their opener. (26:15)
- Impressions of South Carolina’s 2018 signing class, both bad and good. First, the bad news. (29:00)
- Are the Gamecocks full steam ahead on the recruiting trail? Not quite. (30:45)
- Where do things stand with some of the top remaining 2018 prospects: Dorian Gerald, Channing Tindall, Rick Sandidge, Dax Hollifield? (32:15)
The post LISTEN: South Carolina football and recruiting with Hale McGranahan appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.