NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Kentucky is looking for win No. 7 at Vanderbilt on Saturday afternoon. The Cats and Commodores kick off at 4 p.m. ET.
It’s a perfect day in Nashville. Here’s video of the Cat Walk.
A few things to watch for today:
- Benny Snell needs 103 rushing yards to become the first player in Kentucky history to rush for 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons.
- Snell, just a sophomore, can also become Kentucky’s all-time leader in rushing touchdowns. He needs two rushing touchdowns to pass Moe Williams’ and Sonny Collins’ record of 26 rushing touchdowns.
- Kentucky is looking to improve its record to 7-3 and 4-3 in SEC play. Vanderbilt is looking for its first conference win.
- What will Kentucky’s pass defense look like? Vanderbilt quarterback Kyle Shurmur has thrown 20 touchdowns to just three interceptions and could pose a problem for the Cats.
- Kentucky linebacker Jordan Jones has his left shoulder wrapped up in pregame warmups. He’s out on the field throwing passes and looks to be fine.
Kentucky is going all blue from head to toe. It’s a rare look, especially for a road game.
— UK Equipment Staff (@UKequipment) November 11, 2017
Vanderbilt is wearing special “Salute to Service” uniforms.
— Vanderbilt Football (@VandyFootball) November 11, 2017
The post Kentucky-Vanderbilt football: Pregame notes and observations appeared first on SEC Country.