Iowa football will need a late kick in the 2018 recruiting cycle to make it back toward the middle of the pack in the Big Ten.
Find a list of Iowa’s commits and top targets, plus all the latest Hawkeyes recruiting news, below.
Where Iowa’s recruiting class ranks
Iowa’s 2018 recruiting class is ranked No. 44 nationally and 11th in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports. All 14 of the Hawkeyes’ commitments rate as 3-star recruits in the 247Sports composite database.
Latest news for Iowa recruiting
The Hawkeyes are also getting success for 2019, as CB Larry Tracy III committed July 31. Tracy’s cousin and teammate, Tyrone Tracy Jr., is a 2018 Iowa commit. Tyrone committed back in April.
Iowa 2018 offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 116
- 5-star offers: 3
- 4-star offers: 32
- In-state recruits offered: 5
- Ohio recruits offered: 17
- Illinois recruits offered: 11
- Florida recruits offered: 18
- Missouri recruits offered: 10
Iowa football commits for 2018
There are currently 14 Hawkeyes commits.
- CB Donald “D.J.” Johnson, 3 stars, Indianapolis (Ind.)
- S Julius Brents, 3 stars, Indianapolis (Ind.)
- DT Noah Shannon, 3 stars, Oswego (Ill.)
- RB Tyrone Tracy Jr., 3 stars, Indianapolis (Ind.)
- OT Cody Ince, 3 stars, Balsam Lake (Wis.)
- OLB Dillon Doyle, 3 stars, Iowa City (Iowa)
- DT Tyler Linderbaum, 3 stars, Solon (Iowa)
- OG Jeffrey Jenkins, 3 stars, Crystal Lake (Ill.)
- RB Henry Geil, 3 stars, Green Bay (Wis.)
- ATH Samson Evans, 3 stars, Crystal Lake (Ill.)
- OT Jack Plumb, 3 stars, Green Bay (Wis.)
- TE Anthony Torres, 3 stars, Bradenton (Fla.)
- ATH Ben VanSumeren, 3 stars, Essexville (Mich.)
- CB Terry Roberts, 3 stars, Erie (Pa.)
Top uncommitted Iowa targets
4-star DL John Waggoner, West Des Moines (Iowa)
Most of the players the Hawkeyes have sent offers to are rated as 3 stars. All 11 current 2018 commits are 3-star prospects. So 4-star Waggoner would be a big recruiting win for Kirk Ferentz and the staff. The 6-foot-5, 230 pound defensive end is ranked by 247 Sports as Iowa’s top prospect for 2018. As reported by Rob Howe of HawkeyeNation.com, Waggoner was set to announce his decision at the end of July; Waggoner has since postponed his commitment.
3-star S, WR Dallas Craddieth, Florissant (Mo.)
It looks like the Hawkeyes will be battling with, Louisville, Nebraska and Missouri for Craddieth’s pledge. A top-10 Missouri recruit for 2018, ranked No. 8, Craddieth most recently updated his favorites list in May. His top-12 list included Big Ten foes Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin.
Iowa position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commitments for each position.
- OL: 3 (Ince, Jenkins, Plumb)
- CB: 2 (Johnson, Roberts)
- DL: 2 (Linderbaum, Shannon)
- RB: 2 (Geil, Tracy)
- OLB: 1 (Doyle)
- ATH: 2 (Evans, VanSumeren)
- TE: 1 (Torres)
Here is a breakdown of Iowa’s 2018 commits by state.
- Indiana: 4
- Illinois: 3
- Wisconsin: 3
- Iowa: 2
- Pennsylvania: 1
- Michigan: 1
The post Iowa football recruiting: Latest updates on Hawkeyes’ 2018 class appeared first on Land of 10.