San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster ’s season has been limited thus far. Foster missed significant time due to injuries. On Sunday, Foster played in his first full game in the NFL, and his presence was felt. Foster racked up 14 tackles — 13 of them solo. He also recorded a tackle for loss as the 49ers lost to the Arizona Cardinals, 20-10.
Reuben Foster knifes into the backfield and prevents the Cardinals from converting on 3rd and 1. pic.twitter.com/CyiVIb1pQQ
— Oscar Aparicio (@BetterRivals) November 5, 2017
Here is how other former Alabama players did in the NFL on Sunday:
- Baltimore Ravens linebacker C.J. Mosley had a team-high 8 tackles, as well as a sack, in a 23-20 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Also for the Ravens, cornerback Marlon Humphrey made a pass breakup.
- For the Titans, Derrick Henry had 8 carries for 26 yards and a touchdown. He also caught 2 passes for 10 yards. After the game, the five former Alabama players in the game gathered for a picture.
— Hannah Stephens † (@HannahESPN) November 5, 2017
- Miami Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake had 9 carries for 69 yards and caught 6 passes for 35 yards in a 27-24 loss to the Oakland Raiders. He also ran in a 2-point conversion and lost a fumble.
- For the Raiders, wide receiver Amari Cooper collected 4 receptions for 58 yards.
- Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcell Dareus had 3 tackles in his first game with his new team. Also for the Jaguars, running back T.J. Yeldon provided 41 yards on 11 carries in a 23-7 win against the Cincinnati Bengals. On the other side, Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick delivered 6 tackles.
- Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones made 6 catches for 118 yards in a 20-17 loss to the Carolina Panthers. Jones had a good day, but it wasn’t a positive play that made most highlight reels. Jones uncharacteristically dropped a wide-open pass in the end zone on fourth down.
What have you done with my Julio Jones? pic.twitter.com/9h00aS4hGF
— Mike Tunison (@xmasape) November 5, 2017
- Also for the Falcons, linebacker Courtney Upshaw had 3 tackles, which were his first of the season. Upshaw has been limited with injuries this season.
- Los Angeles Rams linebacker Mark Barron contributed a team-high 8 tackles, as well as a pass deflection in a 51-17 win against the New York Giants.
- For the Giants, safety Landon Collins recorded a team-high 7 tackles. Defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson had 4 tackles.
- New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram had 16 carries for 77 yards in a 30-10 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- For the Buccaneers, tight end O.J. Howard fumbled on his only reception of the day after gaining 6 yards.
- Seattle Seahawks running back Eddie Lacy left in the second quarter of a 17-14 loss to the Washington Redskins. He had 20 yards on 6 carries and also provided 14 receiving yards. Also for the Seahawks, defensive tackle Jarran Reed generated 5 tackles and 1 sack and hit the quarterback twice.
- For Washington, linebacker Ryan Anderson provided 1 tackle and hit the quarterback once. On a goal line package, Anderson lined up at fullback and helped spring the game-winning touchdown.
— Samuel Gold (@SamuelRGold) November 5, 2017
The post How former Alabama players fared in NFL Week 9: Reuben Foster shines in first full game appeared first on SEC Country.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.