The Amway Coaches Poll Top 25 for week 3 was released on Saturday and the Georgia football team once again came in at No. 3 in the rankings.
On Saturday Georgia football demolished South Carolina 41-17 in Columbia, S.C. as the Bulldogs picked up their first signature win of the season. The Gamecocks entered the game ranked No. 24 in both polls. Following the loss, South Carolina dropped out of the polls. Several Bulldogs had outstanding efforts including wide receiver Mecole Hardman, outside linebacker D’Andre Walker and cornerback Deandre Baker.
The rest of the top 5 remained unchanged as Alabama stayed at No. 1, Clemson is still No. 2, Ohio State sits at No. 4 and Oklahoma is at No. 5. The only four ranked teams to lose on Saturday were USC, Michigan State, South Carolina and the Florida Gators, who lost to Kentucky for the first time since 1986.
A total of five SEC teams are ranked as Auburn is No. 7, LSU is No. 13 Mississippi State is No. 16. Auburn and LSU play each other this week in Auburn, as it figures to be the game of the week in college football.
After the South Carolina win, Georgia is now 1-0 in SEC play, and essentially two games up on South Carolina due to the head-to-head tiebreaker.
This week Georgia returns to Sanford Stadium as it hosts Middle Tennessee State. The game will kickoff at 7:15 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
Coaches Poll Week 3 Top 25
Best Stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football things to know: ‘Statement Game’ for others, not Bulldogs
- Kirby Smart preached ‘trust your training,’ welcomed sweltering heat
- Report Card: Georgia Bulldogs took it to another level against South Carolina
- WATCH: Georgia football defensive adjustment was ‘hit them in the mouth’
- Georgia asserts dominance in SEC East at Gamecocks expense
- Freshman report after Georgia’s 41-17 win
The post Georgia remains at No. 3 in week 3 Coaches Poll Top 25 appeared first on DawgNation.