Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the cast of DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss UGA coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC. On episode No. 589 (Nov. 30, 2017) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what Georgia could accomplish Saturday beyond earning a spot in the College Football Playoff.
Georgia football podcast: UGA can win more than just a Playoff spot vs. Auburn
Beginning of the show: Georgia stands at the doorstep of the College Football Playoff, and has an opportunity to win its first SEC championship since 2005. However, there could be an opportunity to do more than that. It could also inflict some longterm damage on one of its most bitter rivals. If rumors are to be believed, Auburn could still join Florida and Tennessee on the list of SEC programs dealing with coaching turmoil. I’ll explain on today’s show how a UGA win vs. the Tigers could speed up that process.
10-minute mark: I discuss UGA assistant coach Dell McGee’s visit with 5-star quarterback Justin Fields, and share some more ways in which DawgNation Daily listeners and viewers are using the #DawgNationRetaliation hashtag.
15-minute mark: DawgNation’s Seth Emerson joins the show. Some of the topics covered include…
- Perceptions of UGA and Auburn as they prepare for the rematch
- A look at Gary Danielson’s comments about what UGA coach Kirby Smart told him about the officiating in his team’s loss to Auburn
- Whether it’s fair to ask if Auburn can perform as well in a neutral site as it has in Jordan-Hare Stadium
- The impact of Auburn playing UGA a week after a physical Iron Bowl matchup with Alabama
- An update on Tigers running back Kerryon Johnson’s injury
- The comparison between Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham and UGA quarterback Jake Fromm
- And an explanation of why UGA released a statement saying it had no official involvement with former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze
30-minute mark: I take a look at some other SEC headlines including Tennessee being turned down again for its coaching job, Todd Grantham’s farewell to Mississippi State fans, and more evidence that former Florida coach Steve Spurrier didn’t want Chip Kelly to get the Gators job.
35-minute mark: Former UGA quarterback David Greene joins the show to preview the SEC Championship Game.
End of show: I update the Gator Hater Countdown and invite DawgNation Daily listeners and viewers to participate in our Own The East t-shirt giveaway drawing.
For Wednesday’s (Nov. 29) show click here.
The video version of DawgNation Daily can be found here.
You can find older episodes of the show by clicking https://www.dawgnation.com/collection/dawgnation-daily-podcast
DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c
The post Georgia football podcast: UGA can win more than just a Playoff spot vs. Auburn appeared first on DawgNation.