College football bowl prediction season is always fun. With the start of the regular season nearing, CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm made his projections.
Palm went through and predicted matchups for all bowl games. For the College Football Playoff, Palm has Alabama-Florida State and Ohio State-USC.
Palm is big on the Big Ten. He has Penn State playing Clemson in the Orange Bowl and Wisconsin facing Washington in the Fiesta Bowl. That means the Nittany Lions would play the defending national champions. The Badgers’ foe reached the CFP a season ago.
Big Ten bowl predictions:
- Ohio State: Rose Bowl (CFP semifinal) vs. USC
- Wisconsin: Fiesta Bowl vs. Washington
- Penn State: Orange Bowl vs. Clemson
- Nebraska: Outback Bowl vs. Georgia
- Northwestern: Music City Bowl vs. Kentucky
- Michigan: Holiday Bowl vs. Oregon
- Iowa: Pinstripe Bowl vs. Notre Dame
- Minnesota: Foster Farms Bowl vs. UCLA
- Indiana: Quick Lane Bowl vs. Old Dominion
- Michigan State: Armed Forces Bowl vs. Army
If Ohio State makes it to where Palm predicts, that makes it two seasons in a row the Buckeyes make the national semifinals. Ohio State also won the first CFP in the 2014 season.
Both Wisconsin and Penn State are going for another New Year’s Six appearance. Penn State played in the Rose Bowl last season, losing to USC. Wisconsin beat previously undefeated Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl.
The post Bowl predictions: CBS Sports projects 10 Big Ten teams, has Ohio State in playoff appeared first on Land of 10.