For the first time in its rich history, Auburn football and Georgia will meet for the second time in a single season when they square off in the SEC Championship Game.
Auburn (10-2 overall, 7-1 SEC) took the first matchup between the two Deep South rivals, winning 40-17 earlier this month. Now, the Tigers will open December with a title game showdown with the Bulldogs (11-1, 7-1 SEC), whose only blemish this season came on The Plains.
Gus Malzahn’s Auburn team clawed its way back into the national championship picture with a five-game winning streak that clinched an SEC West title and featured two upsets of No. 1 teams in three weeks. Kirby Smart’s Georgia team will be out for revenge and its first SEC title since 2005.
Once again in 2017, it’ll be Jarrett Stidham vs. Jake Fromm, Kerryon Johnson vs. Nick Chubb and Sony Michel, Jeff Holland vs. Lorenzo Carter and “War Eagle” vs. “Sic ‘Em, Dawgs.” This time around, a trophy and a spot in the College Football Playoff will be on the line.
Auburn-Georgia football game time, details
- Time: 4 p.m. ET/3 p.m. CT
- Date: Saturday, December 2
- Location: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
- Line: Auburn by 3
What TV channel is Auburn-Georgia football on?
CBS is broadcasting the SEC Championship Game between Auburn and Georgia.
Who is calling the Auburn-Georgia football game?
Brad Nessler is the play-by-play announcer, Gary Danielson is the color commentator and Allie LaForce is the sideline reporter for the Auburn-Georgia game on CBS.
How can I watch Auburn-Georgia football online?
You can stream the SEC Championship Game between Auburn and Georgia on the SEC on CBS website.
How can I listen to Auburn-Georgia football on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call of the Auburn and Georgia SEC Championship Game with Rod Bramblett, Stan White and Ronnie Brown. Locally in Auburn, the broadcast is on 93.9 FM. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
Auburn-Georgia SEC Championship Game preview
- Bringing it on both sides: Auburn is ranked in the top 20 nationally in both offensive yards per game and defensive yards per game.
- Rematches rule: This will be the sixth time Auburn has played a team twice in one season. The Tigers are 4-1 in those rematches, including the 2010 SEC Championship Game rout over South Carolina.
- All about that balance: Auburn, Louisville and Ohio State are the only three Power 5 teams in college football who are averaging at least 230 passing yards and 230 rushing yards per game.
- Catching everything: Auburn wide receiver Ryan Davis is the Tigers’ new record holder for most receptions in a season with 69 and counting. He broke the record previously held by Darvin Adams during Auburn’s Iron Bowl win against Alabama.
The post Auburn-Georgia football: Time, TV channel, watch online for SEC Championship Game (December 2, 2017) appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.