Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Tuesday, Blackerby is joined by SEC Country’s Justin Ferguson to discuss Auburn’s performance against Alabama in the Iron Bowl. On episode 77, the guys discuss Auburn’s latest win over a top-ranked team and discuss Auburn’s chances against Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.
Auburn football podcast: There goes (Ryan) Davis…
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Blackerby and Ferguson talk about how Auburn was in control for the majority of the game on Saturday against their in-state rival Alabama. It was a little surprising to see Auburn clearly be the better team in this year’s edition of the Iron Bowl.
- 6-minute mark: The guys talk about the offensive play calling by Auburn on Saturday. The coaching staff called plays to generate 1-on-1 matchups against Alabama and once they forced those matchups, Auburn won them consistently.
- 8-minute mark: The experts talk about limiting and containing Alabama wide receiver Calvin Ridley.
- 16-minute mark: Blackerby and Ferguson talk about this weekend’s contest for the SEC championship. Auburn’s dominant performance over Georgia is still heavy on many people’s mind. It is interesting to discuss what that means for the rematch.
- End of the show: The guys talk about Ferg’s Film Room from this weekend.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.