Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Monday, Blackerby is joined by Noah Gardner of ESPN 106.7, the ESPN Radio affiliate in Auburn, Ala.. On episode 76, the experts discuss the tremendous Iron Bowl performance by Auburn on Saturday as the Tigers defeated the Crimson Tide, 26-14. The guys discuss what happened on the field this weekend and address coaching rumors swirling around the Auburn program.
Auburn football podcast: Jarrett Stidham has become what fans expected
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Blackerby and Gardner talk about the atmosphere from Saturday, including the volume of Jordan Hare Stadium’s crowd to the electric feeling in the air.
- 6-minute mark: Blackerby brings up the play of Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham on Saturday. Though his numbers were not the best seen in the Iron Bowl’s history, his impact on the game may be hard to top. Gardner agrees and points out what made his play so special.
- 9-minute mark: The guys talk about Kerryon Johnson and his likelihood of making a push for the Heisman Trophy.
- 18-minute mark: Blackerby acknowledges the rumors about Auburn’s coaching staff, both Gus Malzahn to Arkansas and offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey to South Alabama.
- End of the show: Gardner gives his predication for the SEC Championship Game this Saturday as we will see the Tigers take on the Georgia Bulldogs for the second time this season.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers podcast on iTunes.
The post Auburn football podcast: Stidham has become what fans expected appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.