Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Wednesday, Blackerby and ESPN 106.7’s Noah Gardner chat with former Auburn wide receiver Ricardo Louis. On episode 63, Blackerby asks Louis about the greatest play in the history of The Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry. Louis also shares how it has affected his life and talks about what happened when his team, the Cleveland Browns, traded for his former college roommate, Sammie Coates.
Auburn football podcast: Ricardo Louis discusses Prayer in Jordan-Hare
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Blackerby asks Louis to describe what happened from moments before the incredible play that beat Georgia in 2013 through the end of the game. Louis gives a detailed account of what happened on the sideline and in the huddle before making the play that would go down in Auburn history.
- 9-minute mark: Louis talks about how the play has affected his life.
- 18-minute mark: Blackerby asks Louis if there’s a receiver on Auburn’s roster that is similar to him. His answer is not what we expected.
- 19-minute mark: Louis lit up when Blackerby asked him about his reaction when Cleveland traded for Coates. He talks about how they still think about Auburn.
- End of the show: Blackerby talks about Auburn coming in at No. 10 in the College Football Playoff rankings and how the Tigers are still alive to make the final four at the end of this season. But Gus Malzahn must stay out of his own way.
Subscribe and listen to
SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.
The post Auburn football podcast: Ricardo Louis discusses Prayer in Jordan-Hare appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.