Auburn football will be out for some of the biggest revenge possible in Week 2 of the season when it takes on defending national champion Clemson in Death Valley.
Gus Malzahn’s Tigers lost to Dabo Swinney’s Tigers by just six points at home last season. While Clemson went on to win the national title, Auburn felt like it let one get away inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.
Now the series shifts to Clemson in 2017 with a new cast of characters. The quarterback matchup between Deshaun Watson and Sean White has been traded for Kelly Bryant vs. Jarrett Stidham. Both teams return explosive playmakers and veteran leaders, and both will feel like they can contend for championships, especially after blowout victories in Week 1.
Auburn football vs. Clemson, game time, details
- Time: 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 9
- Location: Memorial Stadium; Clemson, S.C.
- Line: Clemson by 6.5 points
What channel is Auburn football vs. Clemson on?
ESPN is televising the game.
How can I watch Auburn football vs. Clemson online?
You can stream the game at WatchESPN.
How can I listen to Auburn football vs. Clemson on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call with Rod Bramblett, Stan White and Ronnie Brown. Locally in Auburn, the broadcast is on 93.9 FM. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
What you need to know about Auburn football vs. Clemson
- Three straight: Auburn historically has dominated the series against ACC foe Clemson, with the Tigers going more than 50 years without a loss at one point. But Clemson has taken the last three games over Auburn since the SEC Tigers last won in 2010.
- Dominant defenses: Both teams gave up single-digit points and single-digit passing yards in their Week 1 victories. Auburn slammed the door on Georgia Southern’s triple-option offense in a 41-7 victory, while Clemson forced Kent State to a run-heavy day in a 56-3 rout of its own.
- Last time out: Auburn used several different quarterbacks in a 19-13 loss to Clemson last fall. Deshaun Watson and Co. were able to escape the Plains with a close win, but the game set the tone for what would be an impressive season by Auburn’s defense.
The post Auburn vs. Clemson, Week 2: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (9/5/2017) appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.