Auburn football will be out for some of the biggest revenge possible in Week 2 of the season when it takes on defending national champion Clemson in Death Valley.
Gus Malzahn’s Tigers lost to Dabo Swinney’s Tigers by just six points at home last season. While Clemson went on to win the national title, Auburn felt like it let one get away inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.
Now, the series shifts to Clemson in 2017 with a new cast of characters. The quarterback matchup between Deshaun Watson and Sean White has been traded for Kelly Bryant vs. Jarrett Stidham. Both teams return explosive playmakers and veteran leaders, and both will feel like they can contend for championships, especially after blowout victories in Week 1.
Auburn football vs. Clemson, game time, details
- Time: 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 9
- Location: Memorial Stadium, Clemson, S.C.
- Line: Clemson by 5.5 points
What channel is Auburn football vs. Clemson on?
ESPN is televising the game.
How can I watch Auburn football vs. Clemson online?
You can stream the game at WatchESPN.
Who is calling the Auburn football vs. Clemson game for ESPN?
Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Todd McShay will be on the call for ESPN.
How can I listen to Auburn football vs. Clemson on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call with Rod Bramblett, Stan White and Ronnie Brown. Locally in Auburn, the broadcast is on 93.9 FM. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
What you need to know about Auburn football vs. Clemson
- Three straight: Auburn historically has dominated the series against ACC foe Clemson, with the SEC member going more than 50 years without a loss at one point. But Clemson has taken the last three games against Auburn since the SEC Tigers last won in 2010.
- Dominant defenses: Both teams gave up single-digit points and single-digit passing yards in their Week 1 victories. Auburn slammed the door on Georgia Southern’s triple-option offense in a 41-7 victory, while Clemson forced Kent State to a run-heavy day in a 56-3 rout of its own.
- Last time out: Auburn used several different quarterbacks in a 19-13 loss to Clemson last fall. Watson and Co. were able to escape the Plains with a close win, but the game set the tone for what would be an impressive season by Auburn’s defense.
- Down to the wire: Two of the last five meetings between Auburn and Clemson have gone to overtime, with Auburn winning both matchups — the 2007 Chick-fil-A Bowl and the 2010 matchup at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Good start on the road: Auburn football has won nine of its last 13 road openers, including a 38-14 victory at Mississippi State last season.
- Taking on the champions: Auburn will face the defending national champion for the 21st time in school history on Saturday. The Tigers are 5-15 all time, but all five wins have come in their last 10 games.
The post Auburn vs. Clemson, Week 2: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (9/7/2017) appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.