Arkansas’ 2018 recruiting class is providing hope for the future as the Razorbacks are off to a disappointing 4-5 start in 2017. The class currently includes 11 commitments.
That leaves the Razorbacks with just a few openings to fill in the class. The Hogs will use this fall as an opportunity to bring some of the final remaining targets on campus for official visits in hopes of putting the finishing touches on the class.
Here’s an update on where things stand for the 2018 class:
Where Arkansas’ class ranks
Arkansas’ 2018 class is ranked No. 57 nationally and No. 12 in the SEC, according to the 247Sports composite rankings. The Hogs have an average commit rating of 86.85, which ranks No. 23 nationally and No. 8 in the SEC.
In case you missed anything from this week, here are the latest recruiting headlines:
- Arkansas recruiting mailbag: Is the Hogs’ 2018 offensive line class complete with Noah Banks’ pledge?
- Former USC DT Noah Jefferson set to officially visit Arkansas
- Arkansas OL target Jahmir Johnson will officially visit Arkansas next weekend
- Arkansas QB commits Connor Noland, Ty Evans recently capped impressive regular seasons
- Top recruiting targets enjoy visit despite small crowd, poor performance
- How Arkansas’ commits fared: Three Razorbacks pledges completed undefeated regular seasons
Offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 157
- 5-star offers: 5
- 4-star offers: 69
- In-state recruits offered: 7
- Texas recruits offered: 33
- Georgia recruits offered: 24
- Florida recruits offered: 23
- Louisiana recruits offered: 18
- QB Connor Noland, 4 stars, Greenwood (Ark.)
- LB Bumper Pool, 4 stars, Lovejoy (Lucas, Texas)
- CB Byron Hanspard II, 4 stars, DeSoto (Texas)
- ATH Sean Michael Flanagan, 3 stars, Charleston (Ark.)
- RB Jeremy Gibson, 3 stars, Riverside Academy (Reserve, La.)
- CB Tanner McCalister, 3 stars, Rockwall-Heath (Rockwall, Texas)
- DL John Mincey, 3 stars, Clinch County (Homerville, Ga.)
- T Noah Gatlin, 3 stars, Jonesboro (Ark.)
- DL Isaiah Nichols, 3 stars, Springdale (Ark.)
- T Luke Jones, 3 stars, Pulaski Academy (Little Rock, Ark.)
- T Noah Banks , 3 stars, Iowa Western C.C.
Top uncommitted targets
- QB Gerry Bohanon Jr. , 4 stars, Earle (Ark.)
- G Curtis Dunlap Jr. , 4 stars, IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
- TE Luke Ford , 4 stars, Carterville (Ill.)
- TE Glenn Beal , 3 stars, John Curtis (New Orleans)
- T Jerome Carvin , 3 stars, Cordova (Tenn.)
- T Jahmir Johnson, N/A, Arizona Western
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commits by position with SEC Country’s projection of how many will be signed:
- QB: 1/2 (Noland)
- RB: 1/1 (Gibson)
- TE: 0/1
- WR: 0/0
- OL: 3/4 (Banks, Gatlin, Jones)
- DL: 2/4 (Mincey, Nichols)
- ILB: 1/1 (Pool)
- OLB: 0/1
- CB: 2/2 (Hanspard II, McCalister)
- S: 1/1 (Flanagan)
(Note: Arkansas has two blueshirts from the 2017 class expected to be put on scholarship later and count toward this class.)
Here’s a breakdown of Arkansas commits by state:
- Arkansas: 5 (Flanagan, Gatlin, Jones, Nichols, Noland)
- Texas: 3 (Hanspard II, McCalister, Pool)
- Florida: 1 (Banks)
- Georgia: 1 (Mincey)
- Louisiana: 1 (Gibson)
(Note: Banks is originally from Pensacola, Fla. He now attends Iowa Western Community College.)
The post Arkansas football recruiting: Latest updates for the Razorbacks’ 2018 class appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.