TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The camp portion of practice for Alabama football is officially over as classes begin at the University of Alabama on Wednesday.
Players will return to a normal schedule, and we’ll be one day closer to the season opener with Alabama vs. Florida State on Sept. 2 in Atlanta.
Here’s what you need to know from practice Tuesday.
What we saw
- Running back Bo Scarbrough was back from his illness on Tuesday. Scarbrough showed no signs of being limited. Scarbrough was second in the running back line behind Damien Harris.
- Outside linebacker Christian Miller was limited during the viewing period. Miller watched as his position group went through drills.
- Running back Josh Jacobs (hamstring) was not dressed for practice. Jacobs was spotted walking in the training room prior to practice.
- Outside linebacker Jamey Mosley (concussion) was back at practice after not being spotted Saturday before the scrimmage.
- Matt Womack was at right tackle with the first offensive line group while freshman Jedrick Wills lined up with the second team. This will be one of the few position battles to watch heading into the opener.
- ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler watched practice. They’ll call Alabama-Florida State for ABC.
Watch: Player interviews
Linebacker Rashaan Evans
Left guard Ross Pierschbacher
Tight end Hale Hentges
- Keeping things light, Rashaan Evans ready to lead Alabama’s defense
- Players give early assessment of Florida State
- A mature Christian Miller ‘right on track’ to make his mark for Alabama
The post Alabama football: Star RB returns from illness, LB limited appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.