ATLANTA – We are finally here, people. No. 1 Alabama football is set to face No. 3 Florida State at 8 p.m. ET.
The atmosphere in Mercedes-Benz Stadium is electric. There doesn’t appear to be an empty seat in the house.
Kickoff is only moments away, but here are some pregame observations from the press box.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, Rashaan Evans and Bradley Bozeman are Alabama’s captains.
- For what it’s worth, defensive lineman Raekwon Davis was at the front of defensive line drills along with Da’Shawn Hand, Da’Ron Payne and Josh Frazier. However, Davis did not line with the first-team defense during team drills.
- Running back Josh Jacobs (hamstring) is not dressed out. He won’t play.
- In the base defense for Alabama football, Trevon Diggs and Anthony Averett are the starting cornerbacks. Ronnie Harrison and Minkah Fitzpatrick are the safeties. Fitzpatrick moved to Star (fifth defensive back) in nickel, and Hootie Jones came on at safety.
- Tony Brown lined up at cornerback with the twos in base, and slide to Star in nickel.
- The first-team offensive line: left tackle Jonah Williams, left guard Ross Pierschbacher, center Bradley Bozeman, right guard Lester Cotton and right tackle Matt Womack.
- Najee Harris, Nigel Knott, Damien Harris, Chadarius Townsend and Daniel Wright are fielding kickoffs.
- Trevon Diggs, Xavian Marks, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Henry Ruggs were the punt returners.
- JK Scott and Tua Tagovailoa are the two field goal holders.
- Former players on hand include Derrick Henry, Amari Cooper, Kenyan Drake and ArDarius Stewart.
The post Alabama football: Pregame observations ahead of showdown vs. Florida State appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.