STARKVILLE, Miss. — Alabama football continues its SEC grind with a trip to Starkville, Miss., for a matchup vs. Mississippi State on Saturday, November 11, 2017. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Alabama has won 21 consecutive SEC regular-season contests (not including SEC Championship Games), the second-longest streak in school history. Alabama’s last SEC loss came against Ole Miss on Sept. 19, 2015.
Alabama leads the all-time series with Mississippi State, 81-17-3 (79-18-3 after vacations and forfeits). Alabama football beat Mississippi State, 51-3, in Tuscaloosa last season.
Here are some injury updates and other pregame notes:
What we saw
- Da’Ron Payne, Bradley Bozeman and Hootie Jones are Alabama’s captains vs. Mississippi State
- Walk-on Austin Johnson is the third-string quarterback for the second straight week. It doesn’t look like Mac Jones made the trip. Jones was suspended last week following his DUI arrest.
- It’s pretty chilly here in Starkville, but Tony Brown was out warming up shirtless prior to putting on his uniform.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick (hamstring) watch: He has a support strip on his left hamstring. He went through warmups with the punt returners like normal. Fitzpatrick showed no signs of being limited.
- Redshirt freshman linebacker Ben Davis made the trip. This is his first road trip.
- Da’Shawn Hand (knee) appeared to be fine going through warmups.
- Jonah Williams, Anfernee Jennings and Jamey Mosley all looked fine during warmups. The trio was limited early in the week, but should be back in their normal spots.
The post Alabama football: Injury updates, pregame notes ahead of Mississippi State kickoff appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.