TUSCALOOSA, Ala. —The intensity level picked up during the University of Alabama football football’s practice, as the Crimson Tide began its game-week preparations on Monday.
No. 1 Alabama is set to face No. 3 Florida State in Atlanta on Saturday (8 p.m. ET, ABC).
Alabama was working in full pads inside the Hank Crisp Indoor Facility, but not because the first rain from Hurricane Harney was beginning to reach Tuscaloosa. Alabama was practicing indoors because the game will be as well at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- As expected, sophomore defensive lineman Raekwon Davis was not at practice after being by a bullet in the leg over the weekend. Nick Saban said earlier Monday that his availability against Florida State would be a “ medical decision.”
- Sophomore running back Josh Jacobs (hamstring) did a little more during Monday’s practice, but is still limited. On an NFL injury report he would probably be between questionable and doubtful.
- No one wore a black no-contact jersey during the observation periods.
What we saw
- Alabama had two number changes, punter JK Scott from 15 to 10, and kicker Andy Pappanastos wearing No. 12 instead of 92. Both are due to teams can’t have two players wearing the same jersey numbers while on the field together. Safety Ronnie Harrison also wears No. 15 and defensive lineman Quinnen Williams sports No. 92.
- With Davis absent senior Joshua Frazier appeared to be more in the mix with the first-team defensive line.
- Although sophomore cornerback Trevon Diggs was listed first on the depth chart released earlier Monday, he was again splitting reps with senior Levi Wallace.
- Junior Minkah Fitzpatrick was working at the star position during a nickel-package drills.
- Although Alabama did not announce a starter at right tackle with the release of the depth chart, the offensive line remained the same. Sophomore Matt Womack took reps with the first team ahead of true freshman Jedrick Wills Jr. during the observation periods.
- The scout-team offensive line was, from left to right, Elliot Baker, Richie Petitbon, Hunter Brannon, Deonte Brown and Scott Lashley.
The post Alabama football: Defensive lineman Raekwon Davis absent as Alabama practices indoors appeared first on SEC Country.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.