The Braves were unable to complete a three-game sweep in Washington on Thursday night, dropping the series finale 5-2.
SunTrust Park’s final homestand of its inaugural season begins Friday night, with Braves-Mets the first of nine games. The Braves face the Mets in six of their remaining 18 games.
Here’s what’s happening with the Braves on Friday:
1. Mike Foltynewicz lost his seventh consecutive start Thursday. He exited in the fourth inning with a cut finger. His recent stretch has derailed what was once a promising summer.
2. A.J. Minter has looked filthy at times coming out of the bullpen. The 24-year-old has shown why so many believe he’s the franchise’s eventual closer.
3. The Braves’ young talent is providing optimism, the team’s record notwithstanding.
4. Who are the greatest outfielders in Braves history? The AJC’s polls are open.
5. Atlanta is 7-6 in September after going 18-10 across September and October last season. The team will need to finish 15-3 to avoid its fourth consecutive losing campaign. All its remaining games are against the National League East.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.