1. Arrest warrants issued for Tex McIver in shooting of his wife. Atlanta attorney Claud “Tex” McIver was charged Wednesday with involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct in the shooting death of his wife, businesswoman Diane McIver, Atlanta police said. [Read more]
2. Gwinnett woman struck and killed walking home from child’s bus stop. A woman was struck and killed by a garbage truck Wednesday after walking her child to a school bus stop, Lilburn police said. [Read more]
3. Delta changes policy in response to black female doctor discrimination incident. Delta Air Lines said this week that after an incident earlier this year involving Dr. Tamika Cross, a passenger who offered to help during a medical emergency in flight but was rebuffed and raised concerns about discrimination, the airline changed its policies. [Read more]
4. Newt Gingrich: Donald Trump not into swamp draining anymore. Well, that was fast. Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich told NPR on Wednesday that Donald Trump’s whole “drain the swamp” bit is no longer a thing. [Read more]
5. Former officer sentenced to life, another to 18 months in prison in Tasing death. A former East Point police officer was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison for murder and another was sentenced to 18 months in prison for the death of a man who died after he was repeatedly tased. [Read more]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.