Voters in metro Atlanta’s 6th Congressional District cast ballots April 18 – and now must return for a June runoff – to choose a replacement for Republican Tom Price, who joined the Trump Administration in early February as secretary of health and human services.
Who can vote in this election?
Registered Georgia voters who live in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District - east Cobb, north Fulton, including Roswell and north DeKalb. To check your Congressional District, enter your zip code here. To check your voter registration information, visit the Georgia MyVoter page. Note - if you were not registered for the special election, you cannot vote in the runoff.
Here are key dates in the special election
Monday, March 20, 2017: Deadline for voter registration
Tuesday, April 18, 2017: Special election. Early voting has ended
Tuesday, May 2, 2017: Voters can submit absentee voting by mail. June 16 is the last day to mail or issue absentee ballots for the June 20 runoff.
Sunday, May 21: Registration deadline. Registration for the 6th Congressional District runoff ellection temporarily reopened due to a federal judge ruling.
Tuesday, May 30, 2017: Advance in-person voting will begin.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017: Runoff election between Republican Karen Handel and Democrat Jon Ossoff.
Not sure if you are in Georgia’s 6th Congressional District? Enter your zip code here.
- Who is Republican Karen Handel?
- Who is Democrat Jon Ossoff?
- Ga 6th District Polls: Karen Handel and Jon Ossoff race too close to call
Here’s what could determine the June 20 6th District winner
- When do absentee voting and early voting begin for the June 20 runoff?
- April 18 election results
- April 18 election sesults by precinct: See how your neighborhood voted
All about the Georgia 6th congressional district election
- Georgia’s 6th Congressional District race heads to the finish line
- AJC Exclusive: A deeper look at the early voting numbers and what it means for April 18
- Thousands cast early ballots in Georgia’s 6th District; early voting has ended
- Democrat Jon Ossoff sets record with his campaign contributions
- Senate confirms Tom Price as HHS Secretary
- Special election to replace Tom Price is the first Congressional race since Donald Trump became president
- Who is running in Georgia’s 6th District? See the list of candidates for Tom Price’s open U.S. House Seat
- Outside forces try to shape Georgia congressional race
- For updates on the special election, see the AJC Political Insider blog
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.