Person of interest sought in deadly Underground Atlanta shooting

In the hopes of finding her killer, Atlanta police released new surveillance video Friday of a person of interest in a shooting that left a woman dead at Underground Atlanta.

“But again, it’s very important that we get some information on this gentleman to form our investigation,” Atlanta police Lt. Charles Hampton said. “Any nicknames, anything again to help us go forward with this murder investigation.”

About 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, Misha Moore, 26, was found dead at the bottom of a stairwell at the once-popular mall, police said.

A woman was found dead Tuesday night at the bottom of a stairwell at Underground Atlanta, police said. JOHN SPINK / JSPINK@AJC.COM

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Atlanta water outage linked to systemwide leaks
  2. 2 Exit Q&A with Atlanta United manager Gerardo Martino
  3. 3 Marietta, Atlanta trolley company shutting down after decade

RELATED: Underground Atlanta sale postponed again

RELATED: Underground deal nears deadline

The video shows a man wearing a hardhat, blue jacket and construction boots, Hampton said.

“What we do know for sure is that the individual that we’re showing in the video  was last seen with Misha,” Hampton said. “We can’t confirm whether or not he committed the homicide.”

He said Moore, who moved to Georgia about two months ago from New York, was outside a store near Underground Atlanta waiting for the man in the video before her death. 

Sister Donna Petty told Channel 2 Action News she was worried about Moore when she left unexpectedly in December without her three children, including a 3-month-old son. 

“She loved them, I know she loved them,” Petty said. But what’s equally frustrating is not knowing all the details. 

“It’s very frustrating not knowing everything,” she said, “not knowing if it was someone she was dating, not knowing if it was a random act.” 

Police initially said Moore was stabbed in the neck, but Hampton said police now know she was shot at least twice.

She had bruises on her body. However, “there’s nothing indicative that she was sexually assaulted,” Hampton told Channel 2 earlier this week.

More from AJC