Whether you call it a cup of joe, java or jitter juice, real coffee fans know their stuff. But here are eight things coffee lovers may not know about their favorite drink:
- Cappuccino got its name because of its resemblance to clothes worn by Capuchin monks.
- Espresso literally means "pressed out" in Italian, describing the way espresso drinks are made.
- Forty percent of the world's coffee is produced in Colombia and Brazil.
- At $600 per pound, the world's most expensive coffee is called Kopi Luwak. It's made from coffee beans eaten and then defecated by Sumatran wild civet cats.
- Serena Williams had an espresso shot in the middle of her match with Flavia Pennetta in January 2015. And she won.
- Some research has shown that depending on your metabolism, drinking coffee may help reduce Alzheimer's and Parkinson's in people 65 and older.
- Coffee was discovered by a ninth century Ethiopian shepherd who found his goats so energized that they wouldn't sleep because they were grazing the berries of a certain bush.
- To fatally overdose on coffee, it would take drinking 100 cups.
Drink coffee, live longer?
Atlanta among the best cities for coffee lovers
Coffee is no longer on WHO list of cancer-causing substances