To ensure the safety of the people participating in the “Alpharetta Mayor’s Corporate Challenge 5K Race” the city is closing several roads Thursday evening.
Thousands of people are expected to attend the event, which will feature a block party with food trucks, music and activities, in addition to the 5K race. The city says that the race typically raises more than $100,000 which is used to support nonprofit organizations that help homeless people.
Here are the roads that will be closing, along with the approximate closing times:
• Academy Street, all lanes between Main Street and Highway 9 — 6:45 to 7:40 p.m.
• Haynes Bridge Road, all lanes between Old Milton Pkwy and Academy Street — 6:20 to 8 p.m.
• Park Plaza, all lanes — 3 to 11 p.m.
• Old Milton Pkwy, one westbound lane between Westside Pkwy and Haynes Bridge Road — 6:50 to 8 p.m.
• Westside Pkwy, one southwest bound lane between Webb Bridge Road and Old Milton Pkwy — 6:45 to 7:50 p.m.
READ | Where to stay for the Super Bowl in Atlanta? Airbnb already has options
READ | Atlanta United 2 signs Alpharetta's Ruthven for rest of the season
READ | Police at Fulton schools will wear body cameras this year
Thursday will mark the 22nd running of the Mayor’s Corporate Challenge. Festivities begin at 5 p.m. and the race starts at 7 p.m.
For more information, visit the event’s website.
Like North Fulton County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
Randy Beavers said he received notice last year that the city needed his property for a road widening and beautification project on Mt. Vernon Highway.