1. Georgia contractor charged with mishandling top-secret U.S. materials. A 25-year-old federal contractor in Augusta has been charged with sending to the news media a top-secret government report about Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, the Trump administration’s first such criminal leak case. [Read here]
2. Driver charged with murder in DeKalb road rage shooting on I-285. A man was shot and killed when he confronted the pickup truck driver Monday after a minor crash on I-285, DeKalb County police spokeswoman Shiera Campbell said. [Read here]
3. Bill Cosby thanks Keshia Knight Pulliam for standing by him during trial. Bill Cosby’s “television daughter,” Atlanta actress Keshia Knight Pulliam, walked arm-in-arm with him into a Pennsylvania courthouse on Monday. He’s letting everyone know how much he appreciates the support. [Read here]
4. What’s next for Mercedes-Benz Stadium roof? Now that the retractable roof of Mercedes-Benz Stadium has been moved to the closed position, the plan is for it to remain there for a few weeks while a plastic-like covering is attached. [Read here]
5. 6th District: What to watch for during Tuesday’s debate. Georgia’s 6th District House seat may serve a compact portion of the north Atlanta suburbs, but national issues are likely to dominate the first head-to-head debate between Republican Karen Handel and Democrat Jon Ossoff Tuesday. [Read here]
AND ALSO ...
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.