1. Murder suspect arrested in Marietta after SWAT standoff. Justin Hess, 31, is accused of killing his 61-year-old mother and is also suspected in the fatal shooting of a man Saturday in Sandy Springs, according to police. [Read here]
2. Trump opponents try to make last stand. What is normally a symbolic vote for President by the Electoral College has taken on different overtones this year in the wake of President-Elect Donald Trump’s victory. [Read here]
3. What 49ers QB Kaepernick had to say after loss to Falcons. On how injuries have affected their play: “It’s a difficult situation, two weeks in a row we’ve had a center, a receiver, and a tight end go down so players have had to step up." [Read here]
4. Teen who ‘disappeared’ from Alpharetta party found dead in nearby lake. Police believe 18-year-old Chamberlain Ivey drowned, and are “investigating the possibility that illegal narcotics played a role in the events that transpired.” [Read here]
5. It's freezing again. And with wet roads from overnight showers, the National Weather Service is watching closely for any reports of ice, especially on bridges and overpasses in metro Atlanta. [Read here]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.