- By Becca J. G. Godwin The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
UPDATE: The winners of the 2018 March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Awards have been announced.
More than 850 nurses were nominated in Georgia and 357 were selected as finalists. Eighteen of them were honored at a sold-out November event that hosted more than 900 attendees and raised more than $170,000, a press release said.
The winners are:
• Emily Goolsby, WellStar Health Systems
• Pamela Smith, Georgia Department of Public Health
• Mary D. Still, Emory Healthcare
• Rebecca Daniel, Gwinnett Medical Center
• Linda S. Brown, Emory Healthcare
• Alethea Watts, Emory Healthcare
• Nicole Carlson, Emory Healthcare
• Rajani Binu, UnitedHealth Group
• Laura Lindsey, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
• Rebecca Heitkam, Emory Healthcare
• Alexis Dunn, Emory Healthcare
• Carol Del Campo, Northside Hospital
• James Ludemann, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
• Carmen Reed, Emory Healthcare
• Mica David, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing
• Jane Hamilton, WellStar Health System
• LaShea Wattie, WellStar Health System
• Vangie Dennis, WellStar Health System
ORIGINAL (May 2, 2018):
Nominations are being accepted for an annual contest that honors Georgia nurses.
The March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Awards lets people nominate nurses in 18 award categories, including pediatrics, oncology and nursing administration.
Nominations must be submitted by June 30. A selection committee made up of health care professionals will determine the winners by screening applications in a blind review process. Winners will be announced at an awards gala on Nov. 9 at The Fairmont.
March of Dimes, a nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health, received more than 600 nominations from the Atlanta market in 2016.
For more information, contact Rebecca Mayo at 404-720-5308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In other news...