The Marietta City Council made decisions on Aug. 8 affecting various streets, particularly near West Side Elementary School.
They include authorization to:
- install a rapid flashing beacon pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Maple Avenue and Cleburne Avenue, using Ward 3 and Ward 4 traffic safety funds.
- install “No Student Drop Off or Pickup” signs along the south side of Maple Avenue from Cleburne Avenue to the western entrance to West Side Elementary School.
- install driver speed feedback survey signs, using Ward 2 traffic safety funds, with two signs in the vicinity of 951 and 958 Chestnut Hill Road, one sign in the vicinity of 1040/1050 Charlton Trace and one sign in the vicinity of 975/979 Denmeade Walk.
- install one utility pole along the Dodd Street frontage of 962 Roswell St.
- resurface Old Mountain Road and Garrison Road with assistance from Cobb County.
- allow Dale Yake to maintain a fence on the right-of-way of Kent Terrace and Anderwood Ridge.