A rapid flashing beacon pedestrian crossing will be installed at the intersection of Maple Avenue and Cleburne Avenue near West Side Elementary School in Marietta. Courtesy of Marietta City Schools
The Marietta City Council made decisions on Aug. 8 affecting various streets, particularly near West Side Elementary School.
They include authorization to:
- install a rapid flashing beacon pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Maple Avenue and Cleburne Avenue, using Ward 3 and Ward 4 traffic safety funds.
- install “No Student Drop Off or Pickup” signs along the south side of Maple Avenue from Cleburne Avenue to the western entrance to West Side Elementary School.
- install driver speed feedback survey signs, using Ward 2 traffic safety funds, with two signs in the vicinity of 951 and 958 Chestnut Hill Road, one sign in the vicinity of 1040/1050 Charlton Trace and one sign in the vicinity of 975/979 Denmeade Walk.
- install one utility pole along the Dodd Street frontage of 962 Roswell St.
- resurface Old Mountain Road and Garrison Road with assistance from Cobb County.
- allow Dale Yake to maintain a fence on the right-of-way of Kent Terrace and Anderwood Ridge.