DeKalb County roads could still be dangerous this morning after cold temperatures overnight, officials around the county warn.
“If you must travel this morning please exercise extreme caution,” Emory Police said on Twitter. “Due to freezing temperatures there are likely patches of ice on the roadway. Reduce your speed and take your time.”
The roads could be light on traffic, as DeKalb County Schools are closed for the third day in a row.
Still, DeKalb County said to be careful of the following streets:
- Pleasantdale Road
- Rainbow Drive
- Mason Mill Road
- Rockbridge Road at Rock Chapel Road
- Mulberry Lane at Rodgers Lake
- Rock Chapel Road at Pleasant Hill
- Rock Chapel Road at Center Street
- Pleasant Hill Road around the Gwinnett County line
- Main Street at Martin Road
- Chamblee Tucker Road, various sections from I-285 to Tucker
- Memorial College Avenue
“Motorists are urged to use extreme caution when traveling for the next 24 hours until all hazards from the recent storm have been eliminated,” the county said Thursday afternoon.
READ: Thursday another snow day for DeKalb with no school and bad roads
READ: DeKalb County school closures: How the decision is made
READ: MARTA: No injuries as bus skids into DeKalb ditch
Like DeKalb County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter