Juveniles arrested for bomb threat at MLK Jr. Middle School
Two juveniles -- 13- and 14-year-old boys -- were arrested for allegedly calling in a fake bomb threat against Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School on Thursday, Atlanta police said.
The bomb threat was received around 1:30 p.m., and officers on the scene determined the origin of the caller and made the arrests, police said. The students were charged with terroristic threats and acts and disrupting public schools. Due to the boys' ages, their names will not be released.
Classes at the middle school were not disturbed during that incident, but earlier in the week, another school was evacuated twice because of bomb threats.
Maynard Jackson High School received bomb threats Tuesday and Wednesday, Atlanta police said. No explosive devices were found, and arrests are possible in both cases, authorities said.
Anyone with information on the bomb threats was asked to contact Atlanta Crime Stoppers at 404-577-8477. Anonymous calls are welcomed, and callers may be eligible for a reward of up to $2,000 for information leading to arrests and indictments.
