Gwinnett County still has the state’s largest high school by enrollment, recent numbers show.
Gwinnett County Public Schools conducts multiple enrollment counts at the beginning of each year. Its most recent numbers show Mill Creek High School is once again the county’s largest; it has held the top spot for at least two years in Gwinnett County, and regularly has the highest high school enrollment in Georgia.
READ | Here are the largest elementary schools in Gwinnett County
Mill Creek serves students from the community of Hamilton Mill, an unincorporated area in Gwinnett County, and parts of Hoschston and Braselton that are in Gwinnett County — both cities span multiple counties. The school has 3,724 students.
The second largest school is Brookwood High School in Snellville with 3,591 students, followed by Peachtree Ridge in Suwanee with 3,285. Meadowcreek High School is fourth with 3,255 students and North Gwinnett rounds out the top fie with 3,216.
If the new Paul Duke STEM High School hadn’t opened this year, Norcross High School could have been the largest school in the district. Students in the Norcross cluster can choose whether to attend Norcross High or Paul Duke STEM, so the 630 students at Paul Duke STEM would have brought Norcross High’s current enrollment of 3,144 to 3,774.
See the full list of schools by enrollment below.
1. Mill Creek High School: 3,724
2. Brookwood High School: 3,591
3. Peachtree Ridge High School: 3,285
4. Meadowcreek High School: 3,255
5. North Gwinnett High School: 3,216
6. Norcross High School: 3,144
7. Parkview High School: 3,094
8. Collins Hill High School: 3,030
9. Grayson High School: 3,014
10. Berkmar High School: 2,888
11. Duluth High School: 2,745
12. Archer High School: 2,728
13.Discovery High School: 2,716
14. Mountain View High School: 2,629
14. South Gwinnett High School: 2,605
15. Shiloh High School: 2,256
16. Dacula High School: 2,209
17. Central Gwinnett High School: 2,081
18. Lanier High School: 1,874
19. Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology: 1,108
20. Paul Duke STEM High School: 630
21. Phoenix High School: 504
22. Gwinnett Online Campus: 329
23. Adapt-Strive (special education program): 287
24. GIVE (Gwinnett Intervention Education) East: 264
25. International Transition Center: 149
26. GIVE (Gwinnett Intervention Education) West: 147
27. The BRIDGE (special education program): 38
28. Oakland Meadow School: 30
Like Gwinnett County News on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
Stay up to the minute with breaking news on Channel 2 Action News This Morning
Here are metro Atlanta's 21 hottest suburbs for home buying, according to Niche.com's rankings for 2018.
Photo: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution