It’s after Labor Day, which means no wearing white, but how about a change of uniform?
WorkSource Cobb, a nonprofit that offers career advice and tips on job hunting, has compiled a list of companies that are hiring right now in Cobb County:
• The Atlanta Braves are hiring for three positions: an event operations manager, an administrative assistant for human resources and a shipping and receiving clerk.
• For those who don’t mind a drive and still want to work for an Atlanta sports team, the Hawks are hiring for about a dozen roles. They want everything from a box office seller to a full-time manager of video services.
READ | Hey, Atlanta high schoolers, here’s how to get a good-paying job
• If you want to get real meta, the Georgia Department of Labor is hiring someone for its Marietta office to help people find jobs. That position is advertised with a yearly salary of $29,000.
• If you like the idea of working for the government, the U.S. Census Bureau is hiring for several positions (full-time and part-time) needed to perform its count. The Bureau is holding a recruiting session at the WorkSource Cobb office in Marietta — 463 Commerce Park Drive, suite 100 — Sept. 17 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Read more here.
• According to WorkSource Cobb, temp agency Taylor Smith Consulting is hiring for 30 office clerks at the WorkSource Cobb office on Sept. 5 and Sept. 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
READ | The best jobs to get without a college degree in Georgia
• Top Job Hospitality, a Roswell temp agency, is hiring banquet servers starting at $10 an hour and stewards/dishwashers at $8 an hour, according to a flyer. Applicants must have a high school diploma/GED, but can’t have visible tattoos on your face, neck or hands. Servers must have their own uniform, estimated to cost between $80 and $150. The steward uniform is expected to cost $50.
• Q-Staffing, a temp agency, is looking for computer repair technicians and is willing to pay between $12 and $16 an hour, according to a flyer.
READ | Solid job growth expected in Georgia
For job-seekers who want to learn or hone simple internet skills like email and Microsoft Word, Goodwill offers a Basic Computer Literacy certificate class. Get details here.
WorkSource Cobb offers a similar class just for Microsoft Excel.
Like Cobb County News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter
In other news...
Actor Geoffrey Owens was photographed working at Trader Joe's, and two media outlets "shamed" him. Owens is probably best known for playing Elvin Tibideaux on "The Cosby Show." Thousands on social media came to his defense with words of support and encouragement. Owens told "Good Morning America" he has had to quit the job because of all the attention. However, he added, “No one should feel sorry for me.”