Enjoy the low humidity; it will be high again soon

ATLANTA FORECAST

Today: Mostly cloudy skies. High: 82

Tonight: Considerable cloudiness. Low: 66

Tomorrow: Cloudy early, with partial sunshine late. High: 85

For a detailed forecast, visit The Atlanta Journal-Constitution weather page.

The devastating effects of Harvey in Texas and Louisiana will continue for several more days, but the metro Atlanta area will see few remnants of the historic storm, Channel 2 Action News reported.

People in Houston walk down a flooded street as they evacuate their homes Monday. (Joe Raedle / Getty Images)

The storm, which made landfall late Friday as a Category 4 hurricane and is now a tropical storm, has killed at least eight people.

FROM GEORGIA: Volunteers help with Harvey relief efforts

MORE: How you can help

LIVE UPDATES: Houston braces for more flooding

WATCH: Drone video shows devastating floods 

Another 15 to 25 inches of rain could make Harvey the wettest tropical system in United States history. The catastrophic rainfall is on pace to break the record of 52 inches that fell in a tropical system in Hawaii in 1950.

“This is going to persist for the next several days,” Channel 2 Chief meteorologist Glenn Burns said.


Closer to home, partly cloudy skies and lower humidity greeted those in Atlanta. The humidity was at 44 percent Monday afternoon.

Currently, the temperature in Atlanta is 79 degrees. 

“We’ve had a nice breeze this afternoon,” Burns said. “It should be a great night.”

A potential tropical storm developing off the East Coast is not expected to affect weather in Georgia, but moisture from Harvey should increase rain chances later this week.


A 40 percent chance of rain exists Wednesday and Thursday, but the best chance of rain (60 percent) comes Friday, Channel 2 reported.

Tuesday’s wakeup temperature is expected to be 68, followed by a high of 85 with more humidity. The average high is 87. Expect partly cloudy skies and light wind.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.