DeKalb weekend weather and how it will (or won’t) affect your fun

June 01, 2018
David Tulis
Clouds in the morning light partially obscure a radio tower atop Stone Mountain.

Look out for possibly some rain and mugginess this weekend in DeKalb County, along with a slightly nicer start to next week.

Channel 2 Action News forecasters are calling for a 30 percent chance of rain Saturday and a 60 percent chance on Sunday. That falls to only a 10 percent chance by Monday, the station says.

Temperatures should be in the 80s.

There’s plenty to do this weekend, weather willing.

There’s the Candler Park Music and Food Festival, a songwriter event, a cured meat class and more. Read about all that here

Also: pools.

Get metro Atlanta weather here.

This is the five-day forecast as of about 1 p.m. on Friday, June 1, 2018. Photo:

Like DeKalb County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter

In other news:


The Helen to the Atlantic Hot Air Balloon Race had to be pushed back a day due to the bad weather in Helen, but several balloons still inflated for the public to check out Thursday morning.