Convoy of Care: Here's how you can help Hurricane Florence victims

The TV station, newspaper and radio stations are all owned by Atlanta-based Cox Media Group.

The effort to collect and send bottled water, diapers and household cleaning supplies to the Carolinas begins Monday morning and runs through Tuesday.

Other key partners in making this effort work who are donating their services are:

“An incredible response from our viewers, listeners and readers met a critical need for Harvey storm victims last year,” said Condace Pressley, Director of Community Affairs for Channel 2. “Together, with support from our community partners across the state, we can make a difference and send help to those needing it most in the Carolinas.”

“Last year’s effort filled 13 tractor trailers with much needed bottled water for the people in Houston,” said Misti Turnbull, News Director for Channel 2 Action News. “This year, Hurricane Florence is ravaging the Carolina coastline. The pictures from our crews positioned in the strike zone reveal a massive need after the storm passes. Our viewers, listeners and readers have responded time and time again to help their neighbors. Unfortunately, we need their help once again.” 

For the third year in a row, Channel 2 has activated Convoy of Care starting with Baton Rouge in 2016 followed by Houston in 2017. 

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X