A looming cold front will send temperatures well below freezing Monday night.
After a high today of 53, Monday will be colder, with a high of 45. Monday night's low will be in the mid-20s, with the wind chill around 20.
There's no rain in the forecast until midweek. The National Weather Service is calling for a 50 percent chance of rain Wednesday afternoon, a 60 percent chance Wednesday night and a 40 percent chance on Thursday afternoon.
The New Year's Eve forecast includes a 20 percent chance of rain Thursday night, with low temperatures around 36.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.