Clayton County Neighborhoods Unite For Change in collaboration with Clayton County Government, the Georgia Justice Project and the Georgia Bureau of Investigations present a free Criminal Record Restriction Summit and Job Fair next month, according to a press release.
Formerly known as record expungement, the event will provide work assistance and free legal consultations 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8 at Riverdale Towne Center, 7210 Church St., Riverdale.
Space is limited to the firs 150 registrants. Apply by Aug. 12 to www.claytoncountyga.gov. Applications will not be accepted at the summit.
You may be eligible for expungement if you:
- Were arrested in a Clayton County jurisdiction
- Were no tconvicted/found guilty at trial
- Did not plead guilty/nolo contendere
- Completed pre-trial intervention/diversion program
- Completed “first offender” cases sealed and retroactive “first offender” screening
Certain misdemeanors under the age of 21/youthful offender may also be eligible.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.