If you’re going to the game to see the Sooners take on the Tigers in person, there’s a few things you should know about what will and will not be allowed inside.
For all public and ticketed events, security practices will abide by the NFL Clear Bag policy.
The NFL strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bags, but each person — including children — is allowed one large, clear bag and a small clutch.
Here’s what security will allow in Mercedes-Benz:
- bags and totes that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12”X6”X12”;
- one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar);
- small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
Note that exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at any gate. Diapers can be carried in a clear bag, as opposed to a traditional diaper bag.
Binoculars, cameras and smartphones are allowed as long as the item is not in its own bag.
Clear seat cushions and seat pads without pockets, zippers, compartments or covers are permitted. Blankets are allowed to be carried in.
The policy does not affect tailgating.
If a guest has an item that isn’t allowed in the stadium, bag valet locations will be available for a fee near the entry gates.
- fanny packs;
- cinch bags;
- non-approved seat cushions, including large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers. You can have your cushion examined at the club guest services office;
- luggage of any kind;
- computer bags;
- camera bags;
- any bag larger than the permissible size;
- purses larger than a clutch bag;
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be turned away from the stadium before they reach the gates.
The Atlanta Falcons played the first official game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in August 2017 during an NFL preseason game against Arizona. The team’s former home, the Georgia Dome, was demolished on Nov. 20, 2017. Mercedes-Benz Stadium is also the home of Atlanta United, the city’s Major League Soccer team. The team set a league record for average attendance, as well as league attendance records for a single game, a U.S. Open Cup game, the All-Star Game and a playoff game.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.